How High is Pi?
- WNET National Teacher's Training Institute site. Suggested activities
to accompany a video about pi. Grades 9-12
Forum: Pi Necklace
- This is a about a suggestion for a Pi Day project from 7th grade
teacher Diana Funke. The idea is to make a necklace with the colors
of the beads representing the different digits.
- Pi General
Ridiculously Enhanced Pi Page
- This is the San Fransisco Exploratorium's pi page. The main
feature here is the celebration of Pi Day, Mar. 14 at 1:59:26.
This is also Einstein's birthday, which is celebrated with it.
Personal pi page
- Timings for PC programs for computing pi. Also some links to
sites having to do with computation of pi.
and the Fibonacci Numbers
- There is a good presentation of the arctan methods for computing
of Mathematics - Pi: It Will Blow Your Mind
- A survey on the history of pi with an emphasis on computation
and the Computation of Pi
- This has some background information about Archimedes and a
simulation of Archimedes method for finding pi. There are also
some pi and general history of mathematics links.
Art and Entertainment
Pi Poem by Eve
- A poem about pi by Eve Anderson, the writer of the trivia quiz.
E.: Near a Raven
- Constrained poetry. Mike Keith has constructed a revised version
of Poe's The Raven so that the numbers of letters in succesive
words spell out the digits of pi.
to Top of Page